What is it?
"One good thing about music, when it hits, you feel no pain" - Bob Marley
2 Turntables and a Mind of Your Own is a play on words from an old hip hop cultural expression, “ 2 Turntables and a Microphone”. 2TMYO is a system and program to help and support one’s mental, emotional, and physical well being through the art and practice of dj’ing.
Creator and founder Paul Dang (LPC, Ms.ED, NCC) combines 33 years worth of experience as a Dj, a Martial Arts Student & Instructor, and a Licensed Mental Health Therapist to bring forth an impactful, relatable, fun, engaging, and healing practice to work with individuals and communities in need.
Benefits and efficacy of 2TMYO:
Manage feelings and emotions.
Develop a calm and peaceful state of mind.
- Learn to activate and move the body through rhythm and sound.
- Develop self-awareness and self-control.
- Become more attuned to your self and your surroundings.
- Develop a sense of connection and camaraderie in a positive community.
- Learn to change your perspective in order to change your life.