SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- A Licensed Professional Counselor with experience working with children, adolescents and adults using evidence based and holistic practices for individualized and group therapeutic settings.
Master Degree in School Counseling
Duquesne University, Graduate School of Education 08/09 – 07/13
600 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15282 3.95 GPA
Bachelor Degree in Information Science 08/94 – 04/98
University of Pittsburgh, School of Information Science
135 N. Bellefiled Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15260 3.2 GPA
Cognitive Behavior Institute 5/1/16- 1/1/19
125 Emeryville Dr, #230, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066
Mental Health Therapist
- Provided assessments to identify and direct proper treatments in therapy for each potential client.
- Provided direct individual psychotherapy, utilizing Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and other therapeutic modalities.
- Devised and presented treatment plans for each client and to maintain caseload of 20+ clients with updated weekly progress notes.
- Created and conducted workshops in mindfulness, meditation, and health & wellness to clients.
- Provided multi-media and IT support for the private practice.
Alpha House 8/13 – 1/16
435 Shady Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
Drug and Alcohol Residential Counselor
- Provided substance abuse assessment during intake
- Facilitated and co-facilitated group counseling sessions using cognitive behavioral techniques
- Provided weekly individual counseling sessions, focusing on clients’ specific issues
- Facilitated psycho-educational group sessions to residents
- Developed and executed individualized treatment plans focusing on addictive behavior
- Assisted and provided appropriate discharge planning for clients
- Consulted with Community Care Behavioral Health Caseworker to review PA Client Placement Criteria.
- Attended training courses for continuing education
- Helped supervise and consult interns in individual and group counseling sessions.
- Consulted with Drug Court and other caseworkers to assist with client’s treatment
- Provided resources to help clients transition into finding stable housing, career and after-care plan
- Maintained a case load of 6-8 clients
Community Empowerment Association 8/09 – 9/11
7143 Fleury Way, Pittsburgh, PA 15208
Family and Youth Support Therapist
- Provided on-site family and youth assistance through counseling and therapy sessions at homes and in respective schools
- Developed and wrote treatment plans, process notes, diagnostic summaries
- Researched, identified, and provided outside resources for youth and families
- Maintained a case load of approximately 10-15 weekly clients
Barack Obama Academy of International Studies 01/13 – 6/13
515 N. Highland Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
School Counseling Intern
- Conducted weekly individual and group therapy sessions using cognitive behavioral and person-centered approaches with students from 6 to 12 grade students
- Developed and conducted a 15 week comprehensive music therapy curriculum utilizing the art of dj’ing with students who diagnosed with PTSD, depression, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Anxiety Disorders
- Conducted a week long Anti-Bullying campaign that consisted of individual and group therapy sessions with students who have been bullied and who bullies
- Assisted counseling supervisor in identifying students with behavioral and academic needs
- Assisted Special Education teacher through counseling and support of students in the Autistic support once a week
Keystone Oaks Middle School 09/12-12/12
1002 Kelton Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15216
School Counseling Practicum
- Conducted weekly individual counseling sessions with students using cognitive behavioral and person-centered approaches to address depression, self-esteem, anger, academic performance, and retention issues
- Counseled numerous students in short-term crisis situations such as bullying and classroom behavior
- Led and co-led a weekly mixed boys and girls group of special needs and special education , focusing on social skills and personal development.
- Participated in IEP and SAP team meetings with principles, teachers, counselors, and support staff in regard to student academic performance and behavior issues
- Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community
- Vietnamese Association of Pittsburgh
- Asian American Student Alliance
- Vietnamese Cultural and Science Association
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters
- National Certified Counselor 2013 to Present
- American School Counseling Association 2012 to Present
- Allegheny County School Counseling Association 2012 to Present
INTERESTS AND HOBBIES
- Professional DJ (18 years of experience in playing and teaching)
- Owner & T-shirt/Clothing Designer, Native412 (native412.com)
- Film making (23 years of experience producing and creating film, documentaries, & commercials)
- Graphic Design (18 years of experience)